Looking to transform your career?
Are you a talented, energetic professional who wants to be at the forefront of the most exciting developments in pharmaceutical marketing? At HyperPointe™, we’re transforming customer experiences with an innovative convergence of leading-edge technology, predictive algorithms, and behavioral science. And we’re looking for people to join us.
HyperPointe™ offers a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment where disruptive, “what if…?” thinking is encouraged. An empowering culture where ingenuity and initiative are rewarded. And the fast-paced setting you’d expect from a rapidly growing company. Come be a part of that growth!
Sales Director Position Description
The HyperPointe™ Sales Director is responsible for generating sales with named clients/prospects through personal, e-mail, and telephone contact as well as formal presentations, discussions, and written proposals. He or she will perform within the complete sales cycle—from lead identification through contract signature, transitioning clients with a “firm handshake” to Account Management and Operations upon signature. The position is a classic “hunter” role, where prospecting, qualifying leads, and networking prospects in the Pharma/Biotech market sector results in deal closures and territory sales growth.
Only applicants with relevant experience selling into the Marketing/Product Management function of the Pharma/Biotech industry will be considered.
- Identify prospects and business opportunities with named Pharma/Biotech client/prospect list.
- Meet quarterly and annual sales quotas while contributing to the overall business development efforts of the team.
- Initiate and develop relationships with prospective clients at all levels of the prospect company.
- Follow up via telephone and e-mail in response to customer/prospect product inquiries.
- Assess prospect needs and qualify sales opportunities.
- Work closely with internal teams to coordinate product demonstrations and presentations for prospective clients.
- Manage sales presentation logistics and work with internal team to develop value-based presentations for prospects at current and new clients.
- Effectively articulate the HyperPointe™ value proposition to prospective clients.
- Travel as needed to perform duties.
- Prepare, present, and clarify proposals, quotations, and other related sales documentation with VP Sales approval.
- Close sales and work with VP Sales and other HyperPointe™ executives, as needed, to assist in finalizing contracts and proposals.
- Work collaboratively with other HyperPointe™ team members when expanding to new brands at an existing client.
- Track all sales activities and customer-related contacts in the CRM tool provided.
- Represent HyperPointe™ at industry trade shows and events as requested by management.
- Stay current on new trends and technologies in the Digital Customer Experience Management space in order to address prospects’ queries and be aware of the Pharma/Biotech market dynamics.
- Meet expectations and metrics regarding reporting, forecasting, prospecting, calling customers, developing account plans for qualified prospects, and completing administrative functions in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain a robust knowledge of the pharma/biotech industry, including new products, mergers, restructurings, etc. as it pertains to assigned accounts.
- Expand “rolodex” of contacts within the Product/Brand Management space of Pharma/Biotech.
- Manage sales process for all new prospects at new and existing client accounts.
- Apply knowledge of client’s business to develop and apply optimal solutions.
Ideal Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience selling software, analytical, and/or data services within the Marketing/Product Management function of the Pharma/Biotech industry.
- Knowledge of pharma/health care industry and its various trends.
- Proven and demonstrable sales track record.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with collaborative and consultative selling skills.
- A “rolodex”/network within the Product/Brand Management space of Pharma/Biotech.
- Excellent presentation skills and analytical aptitude.
- Quick learner with the ability to “connect the dots,” exhibiting a rapid understanding of the HyperPointe™ business model and ability to leverage that knowledge to create new opportunities with prospects.
- A “hunter” mentality, along with the confidence of one who closes sales for a living.
- Excellent communication skills: the ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas in person, over the telephone, and in written correspondence.
- Self-starter with excellent prioritization and time-management skills.
- Experience cold calling and prospecting to start the sales cycle.
- At ease establishing business relationships with individuals at various corporate levels.
- Comfortable speaking before an audience of 2 to 50 people in either a live meeting or teleconference setting.
- Well versed in Windows and Internet technologies.
- Skilled with MS Office, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Customer references will be requested.
- Builds, sustains, and develops relationships based on trust and value to both internal and external clients to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Prior experience working at a Life Sciences Manufacturer is preferred.
If you're interested in this position, please e-mail your resume to Peter Newman.